National lockdown - STAY AT HOME
The government has announced its roadmap out of lockdown, but national lockdown rules still apply. This page will be updated regularly as we go through different stages of the roadmap process.
We are still in a national lockdown so we must all STAY AT HOME and follow the restrictions to #KeepRedbridgeSafe.
National lockdown rules:
You can only leave the house for the following reasons:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare - for those eligible
All primary schools, secondary schools and colleges in Redbridge will move to remote learning, except for the children of key workers and vulnerable children.
Early years settings such as nurseries, alternative provision and special schools will remain open and vulnerable children and children of critical workers can continue to use registered childcare, childminders and other childcare activities.
Those who are clinically extremely vulnerable should begin shielding again. Letters will be sent to individuals with advice on what this means for them. More information and guidance around shielding is able on our frequently asked questions page.
It is still important to get tested for COVID-19. You can now get tested even if you don’t have symptoms and you can find out more on our testing in Redbridge page.
Remember, when following these new rules, we must each continue to take personal responsibility to limit the spread of the virus.
- Wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space - stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
- Ventilate – letting fresh air into enclosed spaces regularly