Coronavirus: addiction and dependency support
We know that it may be particularly difficult for those dealing with addiction at the moment. There is help available and lots of online resources, meetings and information on offer from different services.
If you are having problems with addiction or dependency or you are worried about someone else, there are many ways to get help, support and advice:
- NHS Live Well provide advice, tips and support for drug addiction, alcohol addiction and problem gambling
- The R3 substance misuse service offers a free and confidential support service for individuals and their families affected by drug and alcohol problems. You can call them on 0300 303 4612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fusion offer support for young people who may be affected by drug or alcohol problems. You can call 020 8708 7801 or email email@example.com
- Talk to Frank offers help and advice about drugs. You can contact them via email, live chat or text on 82111 alternatively, call them on 0300 123 6600 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Alcoholics Anonymous are offering online meetings and support. You can call their helpline on 0800 9177650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Narcotics Anonymous offers online meetings and support. You can call their helpline on 0300 999 1212 (10am to midnight)
- Mental health charity Mind has a list of resources for information and support for addiction and dependency
- GamCare provides information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling. You can call an adviser on 0808 8020 133 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).