The Ilford BID will be presenting its coronation celebration event on Saturday 6 May.
A highlight of the event will be a fantastic confetti cannon blast and flame display at 5pm when the Redbridge's Got Talent competition winners are announced.
In honour of the coronation of King Charles III, the event will be held from 12pm to 7pm. We have planned an array of indoor and outdoor activities that will cater to people of all ages.
In the Exchange Shopping Centre, indoor entertainment will be a major attraction where attendees can partake in various activities. Kids and parents can enjoy the face-painting experience. Attendees can test their physical abilities with an assault course that will challenge the most agile participants. Check out a royal mural, pony rides, and an interactive painting activity.
Ilford High Road
As attendees move outside to Ilford High Road, they can look forward to an even more exciting time. The festival music stage, featuring tribute acts from George Ezra and Adele, will be the perfect opportunity to enjoy some live entertainment while celebrating a truly historic moment in British history. Attendees will also be greeted with a plethora of food and drink market stalls offering cuisine from around the globe.
Whether you're in the mood for spicy street food or a refreshing drink to cool down, there will be something for everyone. If you're looking for some physical activity, the event will have an outdoor assault course, a climbing wall, a zip line experience, fun fair rides, including bumper cars, and much more.
There will also be a talent show, with over 20 contestants competing for first, second and third place based on community votes for our Redbridge's Got Talent competition. Be the judge, and decide which acts and performers get to win 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
We have more fun lined up with our sliding race activity, gardening activity, interactive bee experience, and a big lunch table. You might have to watch out for dinosaurs as they head out for some lunch! You might even spot them as you check out all ten carefully selected locations around Ilford town centre for our inIlford King's wardrobe virtual coronation trail.
The Main Stage
At the top of the High Road, the coronation stage offers a complete activity programme. Between 12pm and 7 pm, the focus will be on a music talent show from local acts. The performers will be supported by a George Ezra and Adele tribute act.
At 4.30pm, the talent show winners will be announced as we prepare the crowd for our confetti blast and flame display.
Between 2.30 pm and 5.30 pm, there will be stage performances by professional tribute acts featuring Adele and George Ezra. Be prepared to sing along to Hello, Shot Gun, and We Will Rock You!
Timings 12 pm to 7 pm
- Funfair Rides and Stalls – Dodgems, Carousel, and Hook a Duck
- Stalls and Food vendors – 20 provided by Inspire Events
- Zip Wire – located between Metro Bank and HSBC
- Vision Events – The Bees (Interactive Bee Hives) & The Wonder (a cycle-powered small roundabout with wooden animals)
- Community Lunch Terrace 1pm and 3pm – Two sittings of free refreshment to public responding to a booking process
- Gardening Project – Located in front of the Exchange, this is a presentation and take-home potted plant activity run by Blue Sky Landscapers
- Dinosaur walkabouts – A series of interactive walkabouts by large Dinosaur costumes
- 'Treemendous' walkabouts – Two giant tree costumes walk around the High Road, reminding the public of King Charles's environmental credentials
- Climbing Wall and Trampoline – Provided by Odin Events these will be supervised and free for those adults and children who qualify in age and size
- Raptor and Dinosaurs – Mix and Mingle - 12pm to 5pm
- Joey face painter – 3rd Floor - 12pm to 4pm
- Assault Course – Odin Events – 11am to 6pm – The Loft, 3rd Floor
- Coronation Mural Painting – 11am to 6pm – By Eduardo in The Loft
- Scott Walker – Pentagon Art Installation - Outside Wilko entrance 12pm to 5pm
- Pony Rides – 11am to 6pm. Children are invited to ride pretend ponies - The Loft, 3rd Floor
- Craft Activities - Sessions at 11.30am, 12.30 pm, 2pm and 3pm Run by Barkingside Arts, families will be invited to make crowns and design flags
Wanstead Coronation Festival
Local people are invited to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla at a festival on Christ Church Green on 7 May from 11am to 6pm. Find out more.
Friends of Loxford event
Friends of Loxford are celebrating The Kings Coronation at Loxford Park Pavilion on Saturday 6 May 11am to 2pm. Enjoy family fun with lots of games for adults and children. Bring a picnic.