The Council’s Regeneration Strategy approved at Cabinet on 12th December 2017 sets out the Council’s regeneration ambitions for the borough over the next 10 years.
The strategy acknowledges the borough’s existing strengths, including relatively affordable housing together with excellent schools and green spaces which are attracting the on-going eastward movement of investment through London. It establishes regeneration as the key driver for growth in the borough, and seeks to establish a range of interventions which will secure the maximum local benefit from this growth.
The Strategy is constructed around five crosscutting themes which will shape regeneration activities for the period 2017- 2027:
- Transforming our town centres;
- Creating the right environment for enterprise;
- Building new homes for all;
- Ensuring everyone shares in our prosperity; and
- Enabling high quality spaces and places.