Wedding venues in Redbridge
There are several approved venues for marriage, civil partnership and other ceremonies in Redbridge. Details of these are below.
Whichever of the venues you book for your ceremony, you will also need to book a Registrar to attend the venue to conduct the ceremony. Details of how to do this will either be given to you at the venue or you can find out how to book a Registrar.
If you would like to book any of the venues for a marriage, civil partnership, renewal of vows or a naming ceremony, you will need to contact the venue directly. You can also have a ceremony at Redbridge Register Office.
Approved venues in Redbridge
These venues are approved for marriages, civil partnerships, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies in Redbridge
- Best Western Greater London Hotel - Licence expires 12 December 2018
- Holiday Inn Express - Licence expires 9 May 2019
- Kanchans - Licence expires 14 March 2020
- London Darbar - Licence expires 2 December 2022
- Packfords Hotel - Licence expires 23 July 2018
- Hallmark London Chigwell Prince Regent Hotel - Licence expires 15 May 2021
- Sir James Hawkey Hall - Licence expires 16 March 2023
- The Lakeside Suite, Fairlop Waters- Licence expires 16 June 2018
- The Willows - Licence expires 31 August 2020
- The Council Chambers, Town Hall, Ilford - Licence expires 2 September 2022
- The Library Suite, Town Hall, Ilford - Licence expires 2 September 2022
- Valentines Mansion - Licence expires 8 March 2020
Approve a venue for Marriage and Civil Partnership Ceremonies
Approval is needed to hold marriages and civil partnerships at your premises. The proprietor or trustee should apply to us for Permission.
A certificate will be issued showing the premises has been approved for the solemnisation of marriages and registration of civil partnerships in accordance with relevant legislation.
A licence is valid for 5 years and you should apply to renew within the remaining 12 months of the original licence.
Once an application has been approved, the holder must notify us of any change of circumstances including:
- layout of the premises;
- use of the premises;
- name or full postal address of the premises;
- description of the room or rooms in which the proceedings are to take place;
- name or address of the holder of the approval; and
- name, address or qualification of the responsible person.
Approval of additional rooms is treated as a new application.
Currently £1,000 increasing to £1,100 from Sunday 1 April 2018 for a 5 year licence. Please not that the application fee is not refundable in the event your application is not successful. The application fee does not include the cost of adapting your premises or fire risk assessments.
You can read the full policy (PDF 330KB) relating to the approval of a venue for Marriage and Civil Partnership Ceremonies.
You can find our more details regarding the legislation of approving a venue for Marriage and Civil Partnership Ceremonies.
5. Pre- Meeting
The Council will provide an informal pre-application meeting with a senior member of Registration staff to assist and advise would-be applicants. This meeting is free of charge and does not commit the applicant to proceed.
Become an approved venue
If you are a business and would like to become an approved venue you should contact the Register Office.