Flats Recycling League
Our exciting Flats Recycling League project offers prizes to the best recyclers living in flats.
According to the latest statistics, people living in houses recycle three and a half times more of their rubbish than those living in flats.
Every 3 months prizes will be offered to 2 blocks of flats:
- Winner 1: The block that recycles the most
- Winner 2: The block that makes the best improvement in recycling
The project is funded by a grant from the Department for Communities and Local Government. All blocks of flats are automatically entered into the scheme.
Prizes of £500 and £800 to be won
The prizes are:
- £800 for larger blocks
- £500 for smaller blocks
These prizes are to be spent on specific projects of the winners’ choice that benefits their locality.
Some examples include: improving a communal area, sports and play kits, gardening-composting equipment, fruit/vegetable boxes, community events etc.
In addition, each winning block will receive an engraved plaque as an acknowledgement of the residents’ achievement in improving the environment.
Once the quarterly recycling figures are in we will be in contact with the winning residents to discuss how to spend the prize money.
By recycling more you’ll increase your chances to win greatly.
Orange recycling bags
To help you store, separate and carry your recycling to the communal bins orange reusable bags are available free of charge at one of the six flagship libraries: Woodford Green, Hainault, Gants Hill, Wanstead, Goodmayes, Redbridge Central.
To find out where your nearest recycling bins are please get in touch with your estate manager.
- October to December 2017: Dorchester Court, South Woodford, and Lynwood Close Flats, South Woodford
- July to September 2017: Woburn Court, South Woodford and Abberton, Woodford Green
- April to June 2017: Hermitage Court, Snaresbrook and Tamar Square tower block, Woodford Green
- January to March 2017: Althorne Gardens Flats, Snaresbrook and Raine Gardens Flats, Woodford Green
- October to December 2016: Hurstcombe Flats, Buckhurst Hill and Hatfield Close Flats, Barkingside
The next prize award is due in April 2018, so there is still time to get recycling and fill those recycling bins!