On the Citizen Access_ Benefits website, you can:
- Make a claim for help with your Council Tax payments through our Council Tax Reduction scheme
- Make a claim for help with your rent through Housing Benefit, if you are not required to claim Universal Credit
- Tell us about a change of circumstances
- View your claim details and letters
- Upload supporting evidence
Why use this new service?
- You can make a claim or report a change of circumstances 24/7
- It shortens the application process by only asking that are relevant to your individual circumstances
- You can save your application at various stages and finish it later.
- Check your benefit entitlement
- See the details that have we used to assess your claim
What you will need to us this service?
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Address and post code
- Email address
Once you have registered, you can report a change of circumstances quickly and easily at any time, without the need to contact us directly.
If you have a new claim and a decision has not been made on it yet, you will not be able to view your claim details or tell us about a change of circumstances.